Monday, June 26, 2023

Battletech Progress Report: Little General not so Little


 

My son is now 15 years old. He usually prefers to spend his time playing on his Xbox or on his PC. Recently, however, I was working on my Battlemechs when he started asking me questions about them, so I started infodumping (thanks ASD) the universe and setting on him.

In the past, he hasn't been as fond of tabletop games. I think he just liked spending time with his Dad, and that is ok! I used the money from selling his 40k models to put into his new gaming PC. He never really enjoyed the painting, he admitted. 

When he showed interest in Battletech, I explained how the new Alpha Strike ruleset was much easier than in the past, and he agreed to try a game of it. I let him borrow a lance of my Heavy mechs, and he won his first game easily! It wasn't long before he asked to play another game! I am enjoying this alternative way to spend time with my oldest son so I offered to paint up his mechs for him. I enjoy the painting more anyway! 

Now he has control of a reinforced company of mechs. My paint scheme on them is pretty basic, but it keeps me busy all the same.

My collection is already up to a battalion in strength. I am waffling back and forth on what paint schemes I like for my own Churchwell's Hussars / Seculars. We'll see what I settle on. 

My "little general" is no longer little. He is almost a man. I guess I'll have to come up with a new title for him!

For now, I'm just happy to play a few games with my son. 

Until next time,
Teun

No comments:

Post a Comment

DISCLAIMER

This web site is completely unofficial and in no way endorsed by Games Workshop Limited or Battlefront Miniatures.

Adeptus Astartes, Blood Angels, Bloodquest, Cadian, Catachan, the Chaos devices, Cityfight, the Chaos logo, Citadel, Citadel Device, Codex, Daemonhunters, Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, 'Eavy Metal, Eldar, Eldar symbol devices, Eye of Terror, Fire Warrior, Forge World, Games Workshop, Games Workshop logo, Genestealer, Golden Demon,

Adeptus Astartes, Blood Angels, Bloodquest, Cadian, Catachan, the Chaos devices, Cityfight, the Chaos logo, Citadel, Citadel Device, Codex, Daemonhunters, Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, 'Eavy Metal, Eldar, Eldar symbol devices, Eye of Terror, Fire Warrior, Forge World, Games Workshop, Games Workshop logo, Genestealer, Golden Demon, Gorkamorka, Great Unclean One, Inquisitor, the Inquisitor logo, the Inquisitor device, Inquisitor:Conspiracies, Keeper of Secrets, Khorne, Kroot, Lord of Change, Necron, Nurgle, Ork, Ork skull devices, Sisters of Battle, Slaanesh, Space Hulk, Space Marine, Space Marine chapters, Space Marine chapter logos, Tau, the Tau caste designations, Tyranid, Tyrannid, Tzeentch, Ultramarines, Warhammer, Warhammer 40k Device, White Dwarf, the White Dwarf logo, and all associated marks, names, races, race insignia, characters, vehicles, locations, units, illustrations and images from the Warhammer 40,000 universe are either ®, TM and/or © Copyright Games Workshop Ltd 2000-2016, variably registered in the UK and other countries around the world. Used without permission. No challenge to their status intended. All Rights Reserved to their respective owners.

Games Workshop, the Games Workshop logo, Epic, Inquisitor, the Inquisitor logo, Inquisitor:Conspiracies, Battlefleet Gothic, the Battlefleet Gothic logo, Necromunda, the Necromunda Plate logo, the Necromuinda Stencil logo, Mordheim, the Mordheim logo, City of the Damned, Blood Bowl, the Blood Bowl logo, the Blood Bowl Spike device, Fanatic, the Fanatic logo, the Fanatic II logo, Warmaster and all associated marks, names, races, race insignia, characters, vehicles, locations, units, illustrations and images from the Blood Bowl game, Warhammer 40,000 universe and the Warhammer World are either ®, TM and/or © Copyright Games Workshop Ltd 2000-2016, variably registered in the UK and other countries around the world. Used without permission. No challenge to their status intended. All Rights Reserved to their respective owners.

Flames of war are either (R), TM and/or (C) Battlefront Miniatures.


Unless mentioned otherwise, the contents of this site are (C) Matt Darnell, 2008-2017