Tuesday, March 29, 2016

What's On My Table: 3/29/2016



After suffering a series of pretty humiliating defeats, my Black Legion have disappeared back into the Eye of Terror... for now. In other words, I tabled them for the time being, as they were just not fun to play for me anymore. In the mean time, I am working on my Dark Angels again. I finished up my Company Master with power sword effects, lightened up his cloak, and based him (finally!) So he is now a great example of my work if I apply myself.

I also worked on getting the scheme for Deathwing down. Still have some details to go, but for the most part this terminator is completed and looks great using the 3 foot rule! The bone color is very rich and I am very satisfied with it.


Also this week, the Little General and I played his very first game of 40k! I had gotten him a Tau "Get Started" set for his birthday, and spent all of spring break assembling it for him. (I wanted him to do it but he insisted that I do it since sharp objects were involved). Since he wasn't playing Khorne and no blood sacrifice was needed from him to consecrate his army, I caved and built them myself. When I finished, I got out my old board and we had a decent 750 point game (I had cobbled together a unit of pathfinders from old catachan bits mixed with tau fire warrior leftovers).


I only made him cry once, when I Doombolted his Crisis Suit Commander with my Sorcerer. It was a good lesson on taking losses graciously :P

He did end up winning in the end, 9 points to my 3. Sure, I may have not played as hard as I normally would have, for my first game, but it was still fun and we both enjoyed ourselves. So quality time with my son is a win in my book, no matter the result of the game.

No comments:

Post a Comment

DISCLAIMER

This web site is completely unofficial and in no way endorsed by Games Workshop Limited or Battlefront Miniatures.

Adeptus Astartes, Blood Angels, Bloodquest, Cadian, Catachan, the Chaos devices, Cityfight, the Chaos logo, Citadel, Citadel Device, Codex, Daemonhunters, Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, 'Eavy Metal, Eldar, Eldar symbol devices, Eye of Terror, Fire Warrior, Forge World, Games Workshop, Games Workshop logo, Genestealer, Golden Demon,

Adeptus Astartes, Blood Angels, Bloodquest, Cadian, Catachan, the Chaos devices, Cityfight, the Chaos logo, Citadel, Citadel Device, Codex, Daemonhunters, Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, 'Eavy Metal, Eldar, Eldar symbol devices, Eye of Terror, Fire Warrior, Forge World, Games Workshop, Games Workshop logo, Genestealer, Golden Demon, Gorkamorka, Great Unclean One, Inquisitor, the Inquisitor logo, the Inquisitor device, Inquisitor:Conspiracies, Keeper of Secrets, Khorne, Kroot, Lord of Change, Necron, Nurgle, Ork, Ork skull devices, Sisters of Battle, Slaanesh, Space Hulk, Space Marine, Space Marine chapters, Space Marine chapter logos, Tau, the Tau caste designations, Tyranid, Tyrannid, Tzeentch, Ultramarines, Warhammer, Warhammer 40k Device, White Dwarf, the White Dwarf logo, and all associated marks, names, races, race insignia, characters, vehicles, locations, units, illustrations and images from the Warhammer 40,000 universe are either ®, TM and/or © Copyright Games Workshop Ltd 2000-2016, variably registered in the UK and other countries around the world. Used without permission. No challenge to their status intended. All Rights Reserved to their respective owners.

Games Workshop, the Games Workshop logo, Epic, Inquisitor, the Inquisitor logo, Inquisitor:Conspiracies, Battlefleet Gothic, the Battlefleet Gothic logo, Necromunda, the Necromunda Plate logo, the Necromuinda Stencil logo, Mordheim, the Mordheim logo, City of the Damned, Blood Bowl, the Blood Bowl logo, the Blood Bowl Spike device, Fanatic, the Fanatic logo, the Fanatic II logo, Warmaster and all associated marks, names, races, race insignia, characters, vehicles, locations, units, illustrations and images from the Blood Bowl game, Warhammer 40,000 universe and the Warhammer World are either ®, TM and/or © Copyright Games Workshop Ltd 2000-2016, variably registered in the UK and other countries around the world. Used without permission. No challenge to their status intended. All Rights Reserved to their respective owners.

Flames of war are either (R), TM and/or (C) Battlefront Miniatures.


Unless mentioned otherwise, the contents of this site are (C) Matt Darnell, 2008-2017