Thursday, March 10, 2016

What's On My Table: 03/10/2016



So a lot of things going on for me this week. I have a practice game tomorrow, in preparation for this weekend. On Saturday, I plan on attending my first tournament since 5th edition... a 40k Escalation tournament (in which we gradually increase the points limits over the rounds). First and foremost in my list is my CSM lord with a "jump pack" which I made sure to be fully painted and ready to go. You may recognize him, though I used some new colors to brush up his paint job and bring him into line with other models I have painted more recently!




Next up is my Forgefiend. Being one of the only models I have that can provide me with any sort of anti-aircraft cover outside of Bloodthirsters, I put this guy in every level of the list (also because we have to... we are required to take the same units in the 1850 list as we did during the 1250 list. And the 1250 list must contain units chosen in the 750 list... and the Forgefiend was an early take for me.)

He's coming along nicely, much better than the giant lump of red plastic he was before today. Still a long way to go on that one, but he's tournament legal already with a 3-color standard.


Third for today, and probably the biggest undertaking, I have somewhere around 30 cultists being made table-top ready. Ideally, I want them to match the previous batch of 10 I completed, but that was years ago and I have a different set of paints now. I will try to replicate it as close as I can, and bring the other unit to match with the new colors if I have time.


I was going to post the lists I planned on taking to the tournament, but I think I'll wait and do more of an "After Action Report" type summary, and I'll include it there. This is the last time I am likely to update before Saturday, as I have a lot of painting to do so that my force is up to minimum standards! I don't even know if there is a standard of painting at this tournament, but I'll be darn sure to exceed it. Call it a personal challenge.

-Teun135

No comments:

Post a Comment

DISCLAIMER

This web site is completely unofficial and in no way endorsed by Games Workshop Limited or Battlefront Miniatures.

Adeptus Astartes, Blood Angels, Bloodquest, Cadian, Catachan, the Chaos devices, Cityfight, the Chaos logo, Citadel, Citadel Device, Codex, Daemonhunters, Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, 'Eavy Metal, Eldar, Eldar symbol devices, Eye of Terror, Fire Warrior, Forge World, Games Workshop, Games Workshop logo, Genestealer, Golden Demon,

Adeptus Astartes, Blood Angels, Bloodquest, Cadian, Catachan, the Chaos devices, Cityfight, the Chaos logo, Citadel, Citadel Device, Codex, Daemonhunters, Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, 'Eavy Metal, Eldar, Eldar symbol devices, Eye of Terror, Fire Warrior, Forge World, Games Workshop, Games Workshop logo, Genestealer, Golden Demon, Gorkamorka, Great Unclean One, Inquisitor, the Inquisitor logo, the Inquisitor device, Inquisitor:Conspiracies, Keeper of Secrets, Khorne, Kroot, Lord of Change, Necron, Nurgle, Ork, Ork skull devices, Sisters of Battle, Slaanesh, Space Hulk, Space Marine, Space Marine chapters, Space Marine chapter logos, Tau, the Tau caste designations, Tyranid, Tyrannid, Tzeentch, Ultramarines, Warhammer, Warhammer 40k Device, White Dwarf, the White Dwarf logo, and all associated marks, names, races, race insignia, characters, vehicles, locations, units, illustrations and images from the Warhammer 40,000 universe are either ®, TM and/or © Copyright Games Workshop Ltd 2000-2016, variably registered in the UK and other countries around the world. Used without permission. No challenge to their status intended. All Rights Reserved to their respective owners.

Games Workshop, the Games Workshop logo, Epic, Inquisitor, the Inquisitor logo, Inquisitor:Conspiracies, Battlefleet Gothic, the Battlefleet Gothic logo, Necromunda, the Necromunda Plate logo, the Necromuinda Stencil logo, Mordheim, the Mordheim logo, City of the Damned, Blood Bowl, the Blood Bowl logo, the Blood Bowl Spike device, Fanatic, the Fanatic logo, the Fanatic II logo, Warmaster and all associated marks, names, races, race insignia, characters, vehicles, locations, units, illustrations and images from the Blood Bowl game, Warhammer 40,000 universe and the Warhammer World are either ®, TM and/or © Copyright Games Workshop Ltd 2000-2016, variably registered in the UK and other countries around the world. Used without permission. No challenge to their status intended. All Rights Reserved to their respective owners.

Flames of war are either (R), TM and/or (C) Battlefront Miniatures.


Unless mentioned otherwise, the contents of this site are (C) Matt Darnell, 2008-2017