Saturday, January 2, 2010

Project Update: 01/02/10



First up: A DH Character for my wife: an Adeptus Arbites. Armed with special shotgun I made from a SM Scouts shotgun and a Lasgun, with the handgrip of a bolter, as pictured below.



Next up is my Creed kitbash, which finally got painted. See the below pic:



I made a minor modification to my own DH character, swapping out the plasma pistol for a blade:



Finally, I liberated a Leman Russ from an Ork player. It is in pretty rough shape, but I am piecing it back together. It will match my other Russ, excepting the lack of sponsons, as I have already installed the barrel dowel:





Ok, for those of you who were wondering, the store owner is supposedly posting the Battle Report but I'll give you a summary:
My Sons of Baal did not fare as well as I had hoped against the green tide. In our planetstrike game, there were five bastions to defend, which I placed none-too-strategically upon the table top. I had a couple of tactics which made sense in my head, but didn't translate to the table top. First off: I started a lot of terminators in reserve, and deep-struck them in to avoid the initial Firestorm barrage. In reality, the barrage was not that effective, so I don't quite know what I was so afraid of, and could have deployed normally without too much risk.
Secondly, I didn't read through the rules of the stratagems I chose thoroughly enough. For example, I didn't realize that void shields don't protect units on the roof of the bastion. I also didn't notice a detail about the Krak Attack that could have substantially changed the game: once declared, EVERY hostile unit that deepstrikes gets hit by them until the end of the game. I didn't deploy this stratagem until about midway through, when there were only 2 units left to deepstrike on his force. I also cratered a deepstriking unit of terminators with an attached terminator captain into a wall, losing about 360 points to dice fail. My predator annihilator saw a lot of action, destroying 2 vehicles in as many turns.

After playing several different armies, I definitely need to decide what play styles I prefer most. It may be time to cut out armies I have never really had luck with, like marines, in order to make room for expanding my favorite armies, like Guard.

Until next time,
--FP135

No comments:

Post a Comment

DISCLAIMER

This web site is completely unofficial and in no way endorsed by Games Workshop Limited or Battlefront Miniatures.

Adeptus Astartes, Blood Angels, Bloodquest, Cadian, Catachan, the Chaos devices, Cityfight, the Chaos logo, Citadel, Citadel Device, Codex, Daemonhunters, Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, 'Eavy Metal, Eldar, Eldar symbol devices, Eye of Terror, Fire Warrior, Forge World, Games Workshop, Games Workshop logo, Genestealer, Golden Demon,

Adeptus Astartes, Blood Angels, Bloodquest, Cadian, Catachan, the Chaos devices, Cityfight, the Chaos logo, Citadel, Citadel Device, Codex, Daemonhunters, Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, 'Eavy Metal, Eldar, Eldar symbol devices, Eye of Terror, Fire Warrior, Forge World, Games Workshop, Games Workshop logo, Genestealer, Golden Demon, Gorkamorka, Great Unclean One, Inquisitor, the Inquisitor logo, the Inquisitor device, Inquisitor:Conspiracies, Keeper of Secrets, Khorne, Kroot, Lord of Change, Necron, Nurgle, Ork, Ork skull devices, Sisters of Battle, Slaanesh, Space Hulk, Space Marine, Space Marine chapters, Space Marine chapter logos, Tau, the Tau caste designations, Tyranid, Tyrannid, Tzeentch, Ultramarines, Warhammer, Warhammer 40k Device, White Dwarf, the White Dwarf logo, and all associated marks, names, races, race insignia, characters, vehicles, locations, units, illustrations and images from the Warhammer 40,000 universe are either ®, TM and/or © Copyright Games Workshop Ltd 2000-2016, variably registered in the UK and other countries around the world. Used without permission. No challenge to their status intended. All Rights Reserved to their respective owners.

Games Workshop, the Games Workshop logo, Epic, Inquisitor, the Inquisitor logo, Inquisitor:Conspiracies, Battlefleet Gothic, the Battlefleet Gothic logo, Necromunda, the Necromunda Plate logo, the Necromuinda Stencil logo, Mordheim, the Mordheim logo, City of the Damned, Blood Bowl, the Blood Bowl logo, the Blood Bowl Spike device, Fanatic, the Fanatic logo, the Fanatic II logo, Warmaster and all associated marks, names, races, race insignia, characters, vehicles, locations, units, illustrations and images from the Blood Bowl game, Warhammer 40,000 universe and the Warhammer World are either ®, TM and/or © Copyright Games Workshop Ltd 2000-2016, variably registered in the UK and other countries around the world. Used without permission. No challenge to their status intended. All Rights Reserved to their respective owners.

Flames of war are either (R), TM and/or (C) Battlefront Miniatures.


Unless mentioned otherwise, the contents of this site are (C) Matt Darnell, 2008-2017